About Me

The guy who designs and administers the websites for Kent Business Tweetups, Sittingbourne Swords Fencing Club, Expresso Mechanic's Workshop and Young Sounds. Anyone wanting to add a post to the blog, should contact me by email. No adverts, please!

Sunday 3 August 2014

Shop Local...

While I was strolling around Canterbury on some business one sunny Thursday, son number one texted me. 

"Mum, what's the name of that Steve guy you use, that delivers your electrical stuff?"

Excited that son No. 1 had actually listened to Mummy, I texted the number of Steve Marley of Advance Electricals in Oxford Street, sunny Whitstable.

Thinking no more of it, I continued my business, and as I left the car park behind the cinema I saw the Advance delivery van. In the space of an hour he was already delivering my son's fridge freezer in Canterbury.

My son's call actually inspired me to get my own fridge freezer upgraded -- any hot summer is bound to coincide with a year of the dodgy fridge freezers, mine always packs up on bank holidays & in a heatwave. I find that Steve is out within an hour removing my old cranky one,  the new one plugged in and the guarantee all sorted and kept on record courtesy of Steve. 

Many of us think of the big chains - especially when we're in a hurry, thinking the local shops will be too slow. It just goes to show that isn't necessarily the case. Steve Marley, 42 Oxford Street , 01227 274359

Do you have a local supplier you'd recommend? Tell me about it.
          Jules Serkin 


This weeks Tweetup is @lenleys 10am with a presentation by Alison Parmar of Federation of Small Businesses. Details: www.KentBusinessTweetup.co.uk
Tweet me @julesserkin listen to my radio shows live Tuesdays 11-12 @SCOFFQUAFF & 1pm @businessbunker  on www.channelradio.co.uk    @KentTweetups

No comments:

Post a Comment